Start Your Career in Transportation and Infrastructure

The B.C. Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure is currently looking for recent technical school graduates for the Technician Entry Level Program (TELP) and recent engineering graduates and masters students for the Engineer In Training (EIT) program. Both are great opportunities to start your career in the public service. Check out these videos from the Hiring Team Lead, Chantelle Gergley for more information:

Tags: , , , , ,

12 Responses to Start Your Career in Transportation and Infrastructure

1. Mehran Jamshidi on March 30, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Hi,

I am a new Permanent resident with more than 12 years of experience in different positions in Transportation Ministry in Iran, and the last 8 years I’ve worked as a manager.
    I would like to participate in some training programs such as TELP or similar ones in order to become qualified to work for Transportation Ministry in BC.
    Could you please give me an advise how I can do that.

Best regards,
    Mehran Jamshidi

2. Gagan on January 25, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Hi I tried to submit my resume and other documents but it didn’t let me throughI the myhr.com website can you tell me if I can email my documents to someone in the TELP Hiring department. Thanks

• tranbceditor on January 26, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Hello Gagan,

We cannot access that information but recommend that you send your question to MoTI.Recruitment@gov.bc.ca. The folks who monitor this email should be able to confirm that your application was received and if it was not, how to ensure it is.

Thanks for connecting with us here.

3. Nima on August 17, 2015 at 1:07 pm

Hi,
    Could you please let me know when is the next intake for the TELP/EIT program?

Nima

• tranbceditor on August 17, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Hello Nima,

Thank you for your interest in the TELP/EIT program. We expect that the next intake will begin late fall 2015/early winter 2016. Stay tuned to TranBC for more info. You can also get transportation info if you follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

4. Cecil woodcock on February 1, 2016 at 8:31 pm

I ve been mostly atruck driver most of my life, I would like to apply for traing in carreer , how would I do that , l live in Prince George BC.

5. Alexander on February 2, 2016 at 3:35 pm

Hi,

I am a recent graduate of UVic, and have some professional experience as well. I applied for the TELP program about two weeks ago, to build my skills and prove myself in an entry-level program.

I was just wondering, if you would be able to tell me, if selected, when we will start to hear back concerning our applications this year?

Thanks.

• tranbceditor on February 3, 2016 at 9:25 am

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for applying! We received hundreds of applications and will be contacting applicants who screened into the telephone interview stage in the next couple of weeks. Good luck!

6. Samuel on January 4, 2017 at 6:15 am

Hi,

I would like to apply for TELP program, but I didn’t reach to the website, I applied last year and the out come was negative, now I have got more experience in my field so I would like to try my best.

Samuel.

• tranbceditor on January 4, 2017 at 9:59 am

Hi Samuel,

The TELP/EIT intake for this year starts on January 6th, so please check the employment opportunities website then for more info. Good luck!